Tuesday, June 26, 2018 – Wednesday, June 27, 2018 | Wenatchee, WA
Hosted by the Center for Change in Transition Services, the 2018 Transition Forum featured panel discussions and breakout work-groups, focusing on building partnerships with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation for better outcomes for students with disabilities.
Purpose behind the Forum:
- Share outcomes of the CCTS/DVR Pilot Project as the contract comes to a close.
- Provide a space for secondary transition-focused DVR counselors and special educators to a) share what they are doing well and b) explore ways to strengthen the VR-school connection.
A highlight of the Forum was showcasing the work of 15 Pilot School Districts from across the state. In partnership with CCTS and DVR, these school districts worked to innovate strategies and techniques around the delivery of Pre-Employment Transition Services to students with IEPs and 504 plans.
- DVR counselors and specialists
- ESD special education directors and transition coordinators
- Pilot district staff, faculty, and local business partners