Through a coordinated set of workshops and meetings, CCTS Transition Specialists and DVR Pre-Employment Transition Consultants collaborated with TLCs in 15 pilot sites (representing 30 school districts) to establish goals and action plans grounded in transition research to increase positive post-school outcomes for their students.
Pilot sites were made up of either single districts, or two or more districts working together as single collaboratives.
Districts were selected to participate based on their responses to application questions, which included the completion of the Quality Indicators for Secondary Transition (QuIST). Pilots that were selected demonstrated a familiarity with their Indicator 14 data and a commitment to improving post-school outcomes.
Pilot Sites by ESD:
- Colville, Kettle Falls, Mary Walker, Northport,* and Republic
- Creston, Davenport, Harrington, Lind/Ritzville, Odessa,* Rearden-Edwall, and Wilbur
- Washington State School for the Blind
- North Thurston
- Chehalis and Rochester
- South Kitsap
- Chimacum, Port Townsend,* Quilcene*
- Mercer Island
- College Place and Walla Walla
- Cascade, Cashmere, Eastmont, and Wenatchee
- Oak Harbor
* Year 1 only